Saturday, November 12, 2011

Blake Zieto




DENHAM SPRINGS, LA (WAFB) - The man wanted for questioning after allegedly running away from the scene of an accident in which a 20-year-old motorcyclist died has been found, but his family worries bureaucratic red tape may prevent them from seeking justice for their lost loved one.

Louisiana State Police said they located Jesus Chacon, 45, in his native Mexico. Chacon is believed to be the man who was driving the truck that slammed head on into Blake Zieto on Nov. 18, 2006.

Zieto was riding his motorcycle down LA 16 in Denham Springs when the crash happened. The driver of the truck left the scene and Zieto to die. Four years later, the victim's family is learning more about that driver.

The Louisiana State Police had been looking for Chacon since that night, with federal agencies getting involved in the search. However, since Chacon was discovered to be living south of the border once again, Zieto's relatives worry he will get off scot-free.
"When he was killed, he died," said Judy Zieto, Blake's mother. "Our life ended."

Zieto described the last four years as a nightmare. She and her family are surrounded by love and a mountain of memories. However, there is one image in her mind that has stuck and while it has been four years, she just cannot erase it.

"Blake was under the motorcycle. The truck was on top of him. The truck caught fire. Blake was trapped," she explained.

Witnesses said Chacon ran off when his truck caught fire. Zieto died on the way to the hospital. His injuries were so traumatic his relatives were not allowed to look into his eyes one last time.

"So, I had to tell him goodbye to a covered face and chest and I got to say goodbye to his hand," his mother recalled.

Since then, she has made it her mission in life to stay on Chacon's trail. This year authorities informed the Zietos the suspect and his family were back in their native Mexico.

"They're with their children. They're celebrating the holidays. My baby turned 20 and we celebrated his birthday at the cemetery. I haven't put up a Christmas tree since he died. He loved decorating and I can't do it. It's too hard," Zieto added.

She may have given up on holiday parties and other events too painful to bear, but she is far from breaking a vow she made to her son as she took his hand one last time.
"I promised him I would do whatever I could to find Jesus and have justice brought and I'm not giving up until I do," she said.

At this point, authorities say their hands are tied. They must now issue a provisional arrest warrant through the Mexican government, which will then decide whether to send Chacon back to the U.S. to be prosecuted.

Related Stories
Copyright 2010 WAFB. All rights reserved.



Documentation:

Three years ago my son was killed while riding his motorcycle down Hwy 16 in Livingston parish.  You reported the story about his accident.  He was going to meet a friend when an illegal alien turned into path running over him.  This illegal alien got out of his truck and ran leaving my precious child to die under his burning truck.  This illegal alien had a record with several offenses and was out of jail on bond when he killed my child.  He is still wanted by the US Marshall's office .  I am sure he is still driving around on our US highways.  I do not have a problem with immigrants coming to our country, what I do have a problem with his illegal aliens coming here ILLEGALLY!   If you ever do a segment on Illegal aliens please contact me, as I would like to tell my story of how my precious child lost his beautiful life.  I think it's time for me to  voice my opinion as to why illegal aliens must come into our country the " legal"  way!  Please help me get "Justice for Blake"
 
Sincerely,
Judy Zieto
 
Murderer: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

If you have any names of victims that belong here, please email me at 14littlewords@gmail.com